Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Day

Remember your first day at your new job...first day of middle school, first day of camp, first day of your new sport. Today was my first day at something again. After living at home the past three years, living pretty comfortably...i've just been tossed into an internship program with 16 other girls all living in one house. It feels like being in the dorms all over again...girls everywhere, all the time. I'm not gonna lie...i wasn't used to it. My predominant feeling right now is OVERWHELMED! Like I've just been taken out of my comfort zone. These are all the experiences a new missionary faces on the field I'm sure times ten. What good training for future experiences...I feel like every journey I've been taken on so far is God teaching me what I need to know just so that I know but also to be ready to experience something else later on down the line. Adaptation and adjustment are never easy-God, thank you for stretching me...it's in my best interest for you to do so and you can never do anything but what is best for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Abbey, I love your blog... I'm thinking about you. Hoping things will fall into place there in WA. It is beautiful and the people are wonderful too. Would love to visit you there.